Spotlight on NPs highlights exciting achievements and activities of American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) members.
AANP Colorado State Representative Dr. Michelle L. Edwards and AANP members Dr. Judith Kutzleb, Dr. Sheryl Slonim, Dr. Lacey Troutman-Buckler and Dr. Vicky Turner were quoted in an article about the ways APRNs improve quality outcomes and costs of health care. Read more.
Congratulations to 20 AANP members listed below, including 16 AANP Fellows, who are among the American Academy of Nursing’s 2017 Class of New Fellows. An induction ceremony will be held in October. Read the press release.
- Melissa Batchelor-Murphy, PhD, RN-BC, FNP-BC
- Andrea Brassard, PhD, FNP-BC, FAANP
- Sandra Brown, DNS, APRN, FNP-BC, CNE, ANEF
- Theresa Campo, DNP, RN, FNP-C, ENP-BC, FAANP
- Valerie T. Cotter, DrNP, AGPCNP-BC, FAANP
- Rita F. D’Aoust, PhD, ACNP, ANP-BC, CNE, FAANP
- Elizabeth A. Downes, DNP, MPH, APRN, NP-C, CNE, FAANP
- Lorna Finnegan, PhD, RN, FNP
- Shannon Idzik, DNP, CRNP, FAANP
- Anne Christine Floyd Koci, PhD, RN, FNP-BC, WHNP
- Scharmaine Lawson-Baker, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP
- Sheila Drake Melander, PhD, RN, ACNP-BC, FCCM, FAANP
- Kymberlee A. Montgomery, DNP, CRNP-BC, CNE, FAANP
- Jamesetta A. Newland, PhD, RN, FNP-BC, FAANP, DPNAP
- Janine Overcash, PhD, GNP-BC, FAANP
- Diane Todd Pace, PhD, APRN, FNP-BC, NCMP, FAANP
- Elda Ramirez, PhD, RN, FNP-BC, ENP-C, FAANP, FAEN
- Kate Sheppard, PhD, RN, FNP, PMHNP-BC, FAANP
- Shari L. Simone, DNP, CPNP-AC, PPCNP-BC, FCCM, FAANP
- Julee B. Waldrop, DNP, CRNP, PNP-BC, FNP-BC, CNE, FAANP
AANP member Karen Pekle was recognized in a New York Post article describing her extraordinary efforts to help a cancer patient. Pekle was named Nurse of the Year by Hotel Keys of Hope. It was the first time the American Cancer Society honored an oncology nurse in a nationwide competition,” the Post indicated.
Susanne Meaney, an AANP member, offered tips to help people in Pensacola, FL, avoid heat related illnesses. Hydration, a healthy diet, and safety precautions related to hot cars were among her suggestions. Read more.
AANP member CDR Catherine McDonald “has been on active duty in the U.S. Navy for 26 years and has served more than 30 years, including her time in the reserves. As a U.S. Navy nurse practitioner, McDonald does primary care, preventative care, dental care and sometimes behavioral health care. Much of her job also consists of collaborating with other medical providers where she is stationed on areas from supplies to communication.” Read more.
Congratulations to AANP Fellow Dr. Cindy Munro who was appointed dean of the University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies. Read the press release.